Login

Creation of Personal Tracks

Offline djdrumn

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Creation of Personal Tracks
« on: September 24, 2015, 04:39:31 PM »
Hi,

First, let me congratulate the team for this APP. It's simple yet powerfull. One thing I just tried right now was the track creation. Once again, it's very simple and easy to use, BUT... (there's always a but) we can not create personal tracks and that would make a HUGE difference.

I want to test the APP before using it for the first time on a track, and I would also love to create my personal tracks so I could use it on specific routes.

Please, make it happen. It's actually easy for you to apply that because you already have everything to make it work! :D

Keep it up.

Best regards,
Pedro Lima

Offline MaTi

• +6/-3
    • View Profile
Re: Creation of Personal Tracks
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 05:10:14 PM »
Hi dj, thanks a lot for your support!! :)

I'm not sure if i get your point, every time you create a track (from the "new track" button at track screen ) it's a personal track, so you will get in your app under the "Owns tracks" tab as soon as you create it, also your friends (or every motorlap user) can "add" your track to his/her database and race against you ;)

I see you already have one created, please go to the app, open tracks dropdown and you will see it under the first tab

Offline djdrumn

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 05:51:15 PM »
Hi dj, thanks a lot for your support!! :)

I'm not sure if i get your point, every time you create a track (from the "new track" button at track screen ) it's a personal track, so you will get in your app under the "Owns tracks" tab as soon as you create it, also your friends (or every motorlap user) can "add" your track to his/her database and race against you ;)

I see you already have one created, please go to the app, open tracks dropdown and you will see it under the first tab

My bad, I had created the track and then I though (hum, so this will have to be approved first or can I access it via APP). Then I posted this and only afterwards I oppened my APP. Should have done the opposite first. :P

I also added a vehicle. this is really great! :D

Well, so in this case I have a different suggestion for a future update:

What if (just as it happens with other APPs) we could insert the track while driving! :D

Setting the starting point, "middle points" and finish point.

And now a doubt that I have after tested this route.

I have made this route with the APP working, connected to internet and with GPS on as well. But nothing was saved under "Sessions". :(

I'm affraid if this happens this Saturday on the Karts race that I will have with more friends.

Thanks.

Offline MaTi

• +6/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 11:41:04 PM »
My bad, I had created the track and then I though (hum, so this will have to be approved first or can I access it via APP). Then I posted this and only afterwards I oppened my APP. Should have done the opposite first. :P

I also added a vehicle. this is really great! :D

Well, so in this case I have a different suggestion for a future update:

What if (just as it happens with other APPs) we could insert the track while driving! :D

Setting the starting point, "middle points" and finish point.

And now a doubt that I have after tested this route.

I have made this route with the APP working, connected to internet and with GPS on as well. But nothing was saved under "Sessions". :(

I'm affraid if this happens this Saturday on the Karts race that I will have with more friends.

Thanks.

Do you remember if your chrono was runing? or just stoped on 0:00.000 , if the chrono was running ... did you see it reset to 0:00.000 (and start again) when you cross the start line ? 

Offline djdrumn

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2015, 01:17:52 AM »
Do you remember if your chrono was runing? or just stoped on 0:00.000 , if the chrono was running ... did you see it reset to 0:00.000 (and start again) when you cross the start line ?

Hum, as far as I cam remember, it started counting when I was at the starting point but then I tried to stop the APP and clicked "back". Two options appeared, I think they were "Exit" and "Menu" and I clicked on "Menu" which showed me the main menu. Then I just exited the APP and nothing was saved. :(

Btw, I had the option "Send position to live timing" deactivated. Should that be activated in order for this to work? And if that's so, what's the difference between having more or less time for position?

Thanks.

Offline MaTi

• +6/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2015, 01:41:03 AM »
Hum, as far as I cam remember, it started counting when I was at the starting point but then I tried to stop the APP and clicked "back". Two options appeared, I think they were "Exit" and "Menu" and I clicked on "Menu" which showed me the main menu. Then I just exited the APP and nothing was saved. :(

Btw, I had the option "Send position to live timing" deactivated. Should that be activated in order for this to work? And if that's so, what's the difference between having more or less time for position?

Thanks.

Uhm.. the counting start as soon as you get the race screen, yuo should go to this screen atleast 20 meters before the starting point, then cross it in the right direction , in your track, the direction it's upper left , is that right? On this point,  So if your counter it's like 0:29.289 (or whatever)  the counter reset to 0:00.000 and start to counting from 0 again when you cross the "virtual line" 

Let me make you an stupid question, did you finish the track in the right direction? hehe..

Please, when you get the oportunity, go to the race screen in a place with a clear / great view of the sky (so no near buildings and that) and let me know what value you get under the "accuracy" field, this value show your gps quality, anyway you can make another custom track near your home, in a park, whatever and test the app by walk to make sure you will get it to work this Saturday

Send position to live timing means that hehe, at www.motorlap.com/live/ you can view all the people cunrrently runing with motorlap at every single track at the world, this tool can be used to view the times at real time, there is also a feature to see where the drivers it's on the track, if you active  "Send position to live timing" other people will see you, your position will be update at the interval you set on the slider