Motorlap
登录

Accuracy

离线 amply

• +1/-0
    • 查看个人资料
Accuracy
« 于: 八月 07, 2014, 10:49:17 下午 »
Have you ever made some test using a professional telemetry system comparing results with your software?

Is better use an external GPS sistem (bluetooth)?
Can someone advise me for one no much expensive?

Tank you

离线 MaTi

• +6/-3
    • 查看个人资料
Re: Accuracy
« 回复 #1 于: 八月 08, 2014, 10:41:38 上午 »
Well, that it's a difficult question to answer, depends on a lot of the gps phone or the external antenna you are using, generally phone that uses glonass and gps together should be relatively accurate,

There is another factor to take into account and it's the refresh rate , i think all phones in the world at this moment works at 1 hz , that is 1 sample per second, often too slow for a racing proposes, also when you see the telemetry overlaid onto video you notice a kind of "lag" in the gauges and that

The external antenas can reach extremely precise racing lines together with a high refresh,5 hz to 10hz or 20hz even you have $$$  :P

We have a lot of antenas and after that, we high the recommed Garmin GLO or XGPS160, they are the best antennas we have tested so far (with reasonable price)

There are another good and cheaper antenna, the Q818XT but IMHO worth spending a little more and buy the other

离线 tomaszko

• +0/-0
    • 查看个人资料
« 回复 #2 于: 十一月 18, 2015, 10:18:02 下午 »
Could you tell me, if i have an external Bluetooth gps antena, how can I turn on refreshing 5hz or 10hz? Is it possible for now? Refreshing 1hz is to slow in my opinion.
Btw, nice app.

离线 MaTi

• +6/-3
    • 查看个人资料
« 回复 #3 于: 十一月 18, 2015, 10:38:23 下午 »
Could you tell me, if i have an external Bluetooth gps antena, how can I turn on refreshing 5hz or 10hz? Is it possible for now? Refreshing 1hz is to slow in my opinion.
Btw, nice app.

The refresh rate it's determined by the gps antenna itself, so if you have a 5 hz antenna you will have 5hz in motorlap automatically, anyway what it's the model of your antenna? 

离线 tomaszko

• +0/-0
    • 查看个人资料
« 回复 #4 于: 十一月 19, 2015, 02:42:48 下午 »
The refresh rate it's determined by the gps antenna itself, so if you have a 5 hz antenna you will have 5hz in motorlap automatically, anyway what it's the model of your antenna?

Nice, thanks. I tested app only on the phone and don't saw refresh option under 1hz (1 log per second). I'm going to buy a holux rcv-3000 gps antena (mtk chipset). In this data logger there's possibility set 5hz by software. 

离线 MaTi

• +6/-3
    • 查看个人资料
« 回复 #5 于: 十一月 20, 2015, 12:34:59 上午 »
The refresh rate it's determined by the gps antenna itself, so if you have a 5 hz antenna you will have 5hz in motorlap automatically, anyway what it's the model of your antenna?

Nice, thanks. I tested app only on the phone and don't saw refresh option under 1hz (1 log per second). I'm going to buy a holux rcv-3000 gps antena (mtk chipset). In this data logger there's possibility set 5hz by software.

I think that GPS has 5hz at default so you will be fine with motorlap, anyway for that price ($75) you can choose Qstarz xt818, that model doesn't incorporate logger feature but, it's 10hz and better performance for racing purposes

离线 tomaszko

• +0/-0
    • 查看个人资料
« 回复 #6 于: 十一月 20, 2015, 06:19:07 下午 »
Yes, you right, qstarz should be a little better, but i live in central Europe, here, Holux cost about $50 and qstarz about $100. I think 5hz should be ok.

I was reading a lot about external bluetooth gps and some users said that 10hz refresh is too often for some mobile phones bluetooths, too much data. I don't know is it true. 5hz and 10hz has almost the same accuracy. More important is the range and number of satellites to define your position, both have the same.
What's your experience?